Every Second Counts. Learn CPR – Save a Life!
The St John Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course gives you the skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
You will require the knowledge and confidence to perform CPR on an adult, and infant.
What certification do you get?
This is an accredited course. On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, that resuscitation skills (HLTAID009) are renewed every 12 months.
The course covers the following:
- DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious breathing casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control