Don't wait until it’s too late.
Invest in the skills that can make a life-or-death difference.
This St John Ambulance first aid course is a half day full of practical activities and assessments, with all theoretical learning, and most assessments completed online at your own pace before you step into the classroom. It covers a comprehensive range of topics to enable participants to manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty, teaching you how to confidently handle the most common first aid injuries and illnesses.
Provide First Aid with Online Theory Assessment is designed for people who complete their training regularly and enjoy a fast-paced learning environment.
What certification do you get?
|• Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
• The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
• Managing unconscious casualties
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Using a defibrillator (AED)
• Legal issues in first aid
• Infection control
• Diabetes and seizures
• Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis
• Wound and bleeding management
• Fractures and dislocations
• Sprains and strains
• Hypothermia and hyperthermia
• Head, neck, and spinal injuries
• Medical emergencies
• Abdominal and chest injuries
• Poisoning management
• Bites and stings
• Safety and risk management
Students must complete a mandatory e-learning module, and their assessment questions before attending the course
*Please allow 3-4 hours to complete online component.